640 Main Street, Suite 1
     Limestone, New York  14753
     Phone: (716) 925-8842
Fax: (716) 925-7571

Final 2013
Assessment Roll

Tentative 2014
Assessment Roll

Town Clean Up Day


Clerk/Tax Collector Julie Carlson, 640 Main Street, Suite 1, Limestone, NY  14753
Office: 716-925-8842   Fax: 716-925-7571  E-mail: carrolltonclerk@hotmail.com

Office Hours: 
11:30 AM - 4:30 PM, Tuesday - Thursday 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM

Town Board Meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m.  Special meetings will be advertised in the Olean Times Herald.

Town Board Meeting Minutes

NYS Dog License

Every dog, regardless of age, owned or harbored in NYS for longer than 30 days must be licensed.  Please check with Town Clerk for exceptions.

  • If the dog is spayed or neutered, a certificate from a licensed veterinarian is required
  • All dogs three months or older must have proof of rabies vaccination signed by a licensed veterinarian 
  • If you are interested in a purebred license, contact the Clerk
  • A check payable to the Town of Carrollton for the appropriate fee
Dog licenses go on sale in April and are good until April the following year.  You will need:
  • Proof of up-to-date rabies vaccination
  • If the dog has been spayed or neutered in the last year, that documentation is also required
New or renewal price is the same:  Spayed or neutered, $7.00; not spayed or neutered, $15.00

NYS Marriage License
A couple intending to marry in NYS must apply in person for a marriage license to any town or city clerk in the State.  The application for a license must be signed by both the bride and groom in the presence of the clerk.  A representative cannot apply for the license of behalf of the bride or groom. Notarized marriage license affidavits signed by the bride and groom cannot be substituted for their personal appearance.

The license must be obtained at least 24 hours before the wedding and is valid for 60 days beginning the day after issuance.  A person is required to establish proof and identity by submitting to the issuing clerk, one of the following age-related documents:  birth certificate, baptismal record, or naturalization record; and one of the following identity-related documents: driver's license, passport, employment picture ID, or an immigration record.

If previously married, a certified copy of the Decree of Divorce or a Certificate of Dissolution of Marriage is required.  If spouse is deceased, a copy of the death certificate is required.

A fee of $40 (cash or check) includes issuance of the Certificate of Marriage, which is automatically sent to the applicants within 15 days after returned by the officiate.  This will be your notification that a record of marriage is on file.

To be valid, a marriage ceremony must be performed by any of the individuals specified in Section 11 on the NYS Domestic Relation Law.  See Town Clerk for list.  A New York State marriage license may be used anywhere within NYS.  It is not valid outside the State.  For more information please contact the Town Clerk or the NYS Department of Health Vital Records Section.

Vital Statistics Records
The Town of Carrollton maintains birth, death, and marriage records from 1883 to the present.  Search and certified copy is $10 each for a marriage, birth, or death record.

You must fill out an appropriate form.  Forms can be downloaded at www.health.state.ny.us/vital_records.  Other records are available under the Freedom of Information Law (FOIL).  You must fill out an Application for Public Access to Records.

Handicapped Parking Permit
You are eligible for license plates or a parking permit for the disabled if you are a NYS resident who has one or more severe disabilities that impair your mobility.  See Part 2 of MV-664.1 for a description of qualifying disabilities.

If you are applying for the parking permit, DO NOT send your application to the DMV; they do not issue parking permits.  A permit may be used for either a permanent or temporary disability.  You do not have to be a driver or a registered owner of a vehicle to get a permit.  Children who have qualifying disabilities are eligible for permits at any age, as are persons who are legally blind.  Permits are issued in the name of the person with the disability.

Handicapped parking applications, rules, and regulations are available on www.nysdmv.com.  Fill out Part 1 of the application (MV-664.1).  Have your physician complete Part 2 of the applications and return it to you.  Applications can be signed by physicians only.  Take your completed application, ID, and proof of residency to the Town Clerk.  NOTE:  The applicant must be a resident of NYS and a resident of the city, town, or village in which the issuing agent is located.

NYS Sporting Licenses
All types of sporting licenses and fishing licenses are available at the Town Clerk's Office through the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation Automated Licensing System (DECALS).

Updated Sportsman Education Class schedule is available at www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7860.html

For complete requirements and dates, visit DEC's website at www.doc.ny.gov/index.html